When the weather heats up it is important to stay hydrated. The healthiest and most delicious way I know to keep my family drinking fluids is with homemade iced tea.
I use my MIST Ice Tea Jug to brew up several jugs of refreshing iced tea throughout the day. The simple hot-steep method using the MIST Ice Tea Jug makes 1½ quarts of iced tea in about 10 minutes.
You can use any loose leaf tea, including green, black, white or oolong. Herbals like Rooibos and Yerba Maté make delicious iced teas as well. Iced tea made with loose leaf tea is more flavorful and healthier than powdered mixes, bottled iced tea, or grocery store bagged tea.
Easy 3 Step Iced Tea Recipe:
- 3 C water, heated to the temperature recommended for the tea or herbal of your choice
- 2 to 4 Tbs tea leaf or herbal, depending on personal preference
- 1 Tbs stevia leaf
- 2 C cold water
- Add tea leaf or herbal and 1 Tablespoon stevia leaf to MIST Ice Tea Jug.
- Pour 3 cups heated water into MIST Ice Tea Jug and steep for recommended time.
- Add 2 cups cold water and ice to fill MIST Ice Tea Jug. Stir to melt ice and chill for 30 minutes, or serve immediately over ice.