Iced tea season is somehow coming to an end, even though it’s still hovering around 100 degrees in Tea Phactory’s little corner of the world. There is however one iced tea drink that never goes out of season, the iced matcha latte. It’s perfect spring, summer, and fall.
You’re probably familiar with this little gem, available at your favorite coffee house. Did you know it’s super easy to make at home? So why are you standing in long lines and paying a ridiculous price? A regular size can run about $4, want a bigger one and it’s close to $5. You can make it yourself, avoid the hassle and crowds of the coffee house, all for around 90 cents.
Our delicious recipe is not only low cost, but also low calorie. Not to mention it’s organic as well as gluten and dairy free.
Iced Matcha Latte Recipe
- 2 tsps Tea Phactory Organic Matcha Powder
- 4 tbs hot water
- 2 tbs vanilla syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened organic almond milk
- Matcha whisk
- Matcha bowl
- Sift 2 tsps matcha powder into a matcha bowl.
- Heat fresh cold water to a boil and let cool to 175°F (about 2-3 minutes).
- Whisk 4 tbs water into the matcha powder until a fine foam forms on the surface.
- Combine matcha, vanilla syrup, and almond milk in a mason jar with a lid. Shake vigorously. Pour over ice.
If you’re in a hurry, and not worried about the perfect smoothness of the matcha, just put all the ingredients in the jar and shake before pouring over ice.
You’ll be glad you learned how to make this one yourself. It’s healthy and delicious enough to be an everyday treat especially when it doesn’t break the bank.