Important event, special guests, or perhaps a significant milestone, sometimes a cocktail simply must impress. Or, let’s face it, for some occasions a run of the mill drink just won’t do. That’s where the TeaPhactory Matcha Zentini is sure to make an impression.
Matcha, a finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves, is the star of a centuries-old Japanese tea ceremony and the headliner of this impressive drink. To craft this cocktail in a manner as entertaining as it is exceptional, prepare it using the traditional tools.
As you whisk this magical powdered elixir into a froth, your guests should be sufficiently stirred. Delight in its vibrant green color and inhale its fresh vegetal smell before adding it to the cocktail shaker.
Serve this striking cocktail before an elegant meal to elevate your evening. This darling of the tea world will be a certain celebrity.
Matcha Zentini CockTeas™ Recipe
- 2½ tsps Matcha powder, reserve ½ tsp
- 4 tsps Meyer Lemon simple syrup
- 2 oz premium vodka
- 1 tb turbinado sugar
- Matcha whisk
- Matcha bowl
- Cocktail shaker
- Sift 2 tsps matcha powder into a matcha bowl. Heat fresh cold water to a boil and let cool to 175°F (about 2-3 minutes).
- Whisk 1 cup water into the matcha powder until a fine foam forms on the surface. Add Meyer Lemon simple syrup, whisk until combined.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add vodka and matcha mixture. Shake to combine.
- Strain your cocktail into a martini glass rimmed with matcha sugar.
Making the Matcha Sugar Rim
For the rimmer, combine 1/2 tsp matcha powder and turbinado sugar on a shallow plate. To rim the glass, dampen edge of martini glass with Meyer Lemon simple syrup and dip in the matcha sugar mixture.