Summer is officially here and strawberries are in season. This refreshing iced tea is sure to be a thirst-quenching winner at your summer picnics and barbecues.
Strawberry Lemon Oolong Iced Tea Recipe
Makes about 1 ½ quarts (48 ounces)
Prep time: about 15 minutes
- 1 C fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 T sugar
- 3 C hot water
- 4 T Tea Phactory Oolong loose leaf tea
- 1 T Stevia leaf
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 ¾ C cold water
- ¼ C freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 – 3 lemons)
- Place strawberries in a bowl with sugar and set aside, stirring occasionally.
- Juice lemons for ¼ cup juice, set aside.
- Place loose leaf tea, stevia and lemon zest into your tea pitcher.
- Bring 3 cups water just to boiling, about 208° Fahrenheit.
- Pour hot water into your tea pitcher.
- Steep tea for 4 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then add 2 ¾ cups of cold water.
- Add lemon juice, stir and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes or pour over ice.
- Put a generous spoonful of strawberries into a glass – be sure to add some of the yummy syrup.
- Add ice.
- Using a strainer, pour tea over ice and enjoy!