Temperatures are hitting their zenith, calling for the ultimate summer refresher, and sangria is simply perfectly suited. But wait, it’s still swimsuit season, all that wine and juice and soda really rack up the calories. What if there was some way to enjoy the perfect hot weather libation without all the added sugar and calories? Here comes the other ultimate summer beverage to the rescue. Iced tea saves the day.
Tea Phactory’s Tropical Breeze Slim Sangria combines the benefits of healthy, zero-calorie, green tea with the magic of sangria. This recipe delivers about half the sugar and calories of a traditional sangria without the artificial sweeteners and chemical craziness of diet soda.
Our Tropical Breeze tea is a Chinese Sencha, a green tea with slender leaves that gives a natural, lightly-sweet flavor. The green tea leaves are combined with pineapple pieces and blue malva flowers for a delightful brew. Paired with pineapple wine, pineapple juice, and fresh fruit, it’s an enchanting alternative to heavier sangrias. Choose a coconut rum if you prefer a more pinacolada type flavor or go with spiced rum if coconut isn’t your thing.
Tropical Breeze Slim Sangria CockTeas™ Recipe
- 3 Tbs. Tea Phactory Tropical Breeze loose leaf tea
- 1 bottle (750 mL) pineapple wine
- 1 can (6 Fl Oz) pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut or spiced rum
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- Brew 3 Tbs. of Tea Phactory Tropical Breeze loose leaf tea in 1 liter of water, chill.
- Combine chilled tea, pineapple wine, pineapple juice, rum, and sliced lime, lemon, and orange in a large pitcher, reserve some fruit for garnish.
- Refrigerate Tropical Breeze Slim Sangria for 2-4 hours.
- Stir before serving, pour over ice, garnish with fruit.
If you’re anything like me, when the temperature spikes cloyingly sweet drinks become intolerable. In addition to being lower calorie, Tropical Breeze Sangria is also less sweet. It strikes the ultimate balance.
Enjoy this refresher poolside or with a seasonal brunch or picnic. It’s the perfect summertime sipper.